For anyone trying a fruit-based diet, moving into cooler weather and the bombardment of pumpkin-spiced everything can introduce some seasonal temptations. Not to fear! We’ve got 3 cozy fruit-based fall recipes that are sure to please, and one doesn’t even require a dehydrator!
RECIPE #1: Chunky Banana Porridge from The Raw Advantage
Chris Kendall’s filling, sweet raw porridge mimics the comforting texture of oatmeal and can be blended at room temperature or until warm-to-touch as desired. All you need for this recipe is a high-speed blender, knife, and several seasonal and easy-to-find fruits.
What we love about this recipe: no dehydrator required!
RECIPE #2: Chocolate Pear Crisp from Raw Food Romance
Melissa Maris is most famous for her mind-blowing salads and can’t-believe-it’s-low-fat dressings, but we look forward to her fruity creations just as much!
What we love about this recipe: contains fresh cranberries!
2 ripe pears
1/4 cup fresh cranberries
6 pitted medjool dates
3 tbsp raw maca powder
2 tsp raw carob powder
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground clove
1) Dice one of the pears and put in a glass jar or small bowl.
2) In a high-speed blender, blend the 6 pitted dates with a small amount of water to create a date paste.
3) In a separate bowl, mix 1 tbsp of the date paste with the maca powder and 1 tsp of carob until a soft crumble forms. Place a thin layer of crumble on a dehydrator sheet and dehydrate for about an hour until firm and dry.
4) Blend the remaining date paste with the other pear, cranberries, 1 tsp of carob, cinnamon and clove on high for 2 minutes or until slightly warm. Add water only as needed, we want a thick creamy pudding consistency!
5) Pour warm mixture over the chopped pear in the jar or bowl.
6) Garnish with fresh cranberries, dried crumble, and a sprinkle of cinnamon.